I liked the look of this blueberry tart recipe because it used both cooked and fresh blueberries. I made the crust from scratch, but you could easily use a store bought crust. The tart turned out extremely delicious and is a bit less heavy than eating a whole piece of pie.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 tbs vodka or vinegar
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter and pulse until crumbly. Add vodka or vinegar and pulse until dough comes together. Press into lightly greased 9″ tart pan.
- Place 1 pint of the blueberries over the crust. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg and sprinkle the mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven, arrange and press remaining blueberries in a layer over the top.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving
Thanks to Taste of Home for the recipe (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/heavenly-blueberry-tart)