For the most part I expect to be posting new dishes but I’ll also post some of my favorite recipes and pictures from things I’ve made in the past. I saw a picture of this dish and wanted to make it immediately because it looked so beautiful in the pan. I didn’t have preserved lemons so I just added extra salt to the dish. I loved the combination of flavors in this dish 🙂
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 lbs of chicken thighs and legs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- The rind from 1 lemon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine all the spices in a large bowl. Pat dry the chicken pieces and put in the bowl, coat well with the spice mixture. Let the chicken stand for one hour in the spices.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Sprinkle the chicken pieces generously with salt and place skin side down in the tagine or skillet for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Lower the heat to medium-low, add the garlic and onions over the chicken. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over. Add the lemon slices, olives, raisins, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer on medium heat, then lower the heat to low, cover, and cook for an additional 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and quite tender.
- Mix in fresh parsley and cilantro right before serving. Adjust seasonings to taste.
This recipe came from one of my favorite blogs, Simply Recipes