I’m definitely more of a soft cookie lover. I’m always excited to try out new chocolate chip cookie recipes and this one was definitely a winner. Each cookie is packed with tons of chocolate chips and turned out very soft.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (two sticks), softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3.5-4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix, being careful not to overmix. Add in the chocolate chips and walnuts and mix until both are evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough. Don’t overmix
- Scoop large balls of cookie dough (~3 tbs) and place onto a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze the dough for 30 min (or longer until ready to bake)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake cookies for 14-16 minutes or until desired doneness. I took them out after 14 minutes when they still looked underdone.