These were great little treats. I would probably just cut them into squares in the future because cutting them into circles was a bit of a pain. These were especially good cold so I kept some of them in the fridge.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed oreos
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbs butter, softened
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper, extending over edges of pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl or with a food processor, combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool slightly
- Meanwhile, in a food processor combine powdered sugar and softened butter. Cover and process until butter is evenly distributed. With processor running, add milk and peppermint extract through feed tube until a paste forms. Spread peppermint mixture evenly over prepared crust. Freeze for 45 minutes.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine chopped chocolate and shortening. Microwave about 1 minute or until chocolate is melted, stirring once. Pour chocolate over peppermint layer, spreading evenly. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Use a 1-1/2-inch round cookie cutter to cut into rounds or use a sharp knife to cut into squares. Store in the fridge or freezer until serving time.
Recipe from Recipe.com