Normally I just go with pretty basic scrambled eggs if I’m having eggs in the morning. These looked like a very pretty and fun thing to try out for a lazy Sunday breakfast this week. I added extra chili pepper to the recipe to make it even hotter. These were delicious and I loved the way they looked! You could easily add different things into the whites before cooking as well.
it’s easy to cut off the extra whites on the bottom that run together
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 2 pieces cooked bacon strips, crumbled
- 2 tbs chopped chili peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cooked the bacon strips. Once cooled down a bit, break into crumbs and set it aside.
- Separate the eggs, placing the whites in a mixing bowl and the yolks in individual cups. Be careful not to break the yolks!
- Whip up the whites until stiff peaks form, around 5-6 minutes.
- Carefully fold in the parmesan, green onions, bacon and chili. Don’t over-mix the egg whites or they will lose that fluffy texture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon 4 mounds of the egg white mixture on to the sheet. Make a deep well in the center of each fluffy cloud of whites.
- Bake the egg whites in the oven for 3 minutes, until lightly brown but not fully cook. Take out the baking sheet and carefully pour each egg yolk in to the center of the egg white wells.
- Bake the eggs for 4 minutes, until the yolks are just set. If you like your yolks less runny, just leave the eggs in the oven for another minute or two. (I like mine just slightly less runny so I cooked them for 5 minutes)
Recipe from Kitchen-Tested