I saw a picture of these somewhere and I thought they would taste pretty good, after all I like similar things like tuna salad. These made for a great dinner! Potato rolls are always delicious in my opinion. I think these would taste good either warm or cold. I only made enough for the 2 of us so we didn’t have any leftovers.
for 2 sandwiches
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley (~a few tablespoons leaves chopped)
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnise
- 2 potato rolls
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. In a nonstick pan, heat 2 tsp of olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the salmon and cook (skin side down first), loosely covering the pan with aluminum foil, for 3-5 minutes per side. When the salmon is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and flake the cooked salmon into large pieces.
- To the bowl with the salmon, add the green onions, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, shallot, celery, and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Optional: toast the potato roll buns before adding the salmon mixture.