Again I am going with the autumn theme with my food and making something with apples 🙂 When I had these leftovers at work the next day my coworker told me my food smelled amazing and smelled like fall. Apples work quite well in a savory dish and these were delicious 🙂
- 2 pork chops
- 1 tsp sage, dried (or 2 tsp fresh, chopped)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 apple cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 1/2 cup apple cider (I just used the instant packages)
- Liberally season both sides of pork chops with sage, salt, and pepper. Sear both sides in a pan heated over high heat, with a bit of oil. Remove the pork chops and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until lightly browned. Add the apples and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the apple cider. Add the pork chops back to the pan and cook until just cooked through (turning once).
- Serve the pork chops with the apples and onions and pan juices drizzled on top.