I’ve made regular hasselback potatoes before with cheese and bacon bits, yum! When I saw these they looked like a delicious treat for something like thanksgiving or another fall dessert type dish (similar to sweet potato casserole). There are certainly ways to get these flavors with less work 😛 but these look cool when they’re done. I loved them 🙂
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbs apple sauce
- 1/2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 apple chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 C. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Thinly slice the potatoes most of the way though, without cutting through all the way to the bottom.
- Mix together the apple sauce, brown sugar, melted butter, and maple syrup. Pour some of this mixture in between the slots in the potatoes. Carefully stuff the cuts in the potatoes with the apple bits, pecans, and cranberries. Pile the remaining stuffing on top and drizzle with a bit of maple syrup and the remaining applesauce mixture.
- Place in a baking dish lined with foil or parchment paper and cover the dish with foil. Bake for 45 minutes covered then another 15 minutes uncovered.