I went on a cranberry kick this week because I bought a huge bag of cranberries and I love when they’re in season! This is a perfect fall flavors pie. I love the tartness the cranberries add to the delicious taste of apple pie.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup constarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- pastry for double-crust pie 9″
- 2 tbs butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add apples and cranberries; toss gently. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll the remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut vents in pastry or do lattice top. Place over filling; seal and flute the edges.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Recipe from TasteofHome