This recipe was jaw-droppingly amazing. The flavor of the butter and pecans is SO tasty on these shredded brussels sprouts. I’ve never tried shredding them before cooking but it turned out extremely well. I’ll probably try out some more recipes preparing them this way. Try this recipe! It’s incredible!
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, rinsed and trimmed
- 4 ounces coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces coarsely chopped dried cranberries (I used fresh ones just because I had them on hand, if you use fresh ones they are quite tart, I added them in at the same time as the sprouts to cook in the pan)
- Slice the Brussels sprouts using the thinnest slicing disk of a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, you may slice thinly with a knife or a mandoline.
- Set pan over medium-high heat and add the pecans. Cook, stirring continually, until the pecans darken in color and begin to give off a toasted aroma, approximately 2 minutes. Add the butter to the pan and stir to combine. Once the butter has melted, add the Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper and cook, stirring continually, until the color brightens and the sprouts are just tender, approximately 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, add the cranberries, toss and serve.