I made these cookies to bring into work on Halloween. People were raving about how delicious they were. They are extremely soft and peanut buttery. I realize it’s a bit cheating to make cookies using a cake mix, but hey it makes great cookies!
- 1 dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup mini Reese’s Pieces
- 1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup minis
- Beat together the cake mix, butter, and egg until a soft dough forms. Add the softened cream cheese and mix again until completely combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips, Reese’s Pieces, and Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 24 balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for ~12 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies rest on the hot cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cool the rest of the way. Store in a tightly sealed container on the counter.
Recipe adapted from InsideBruCrewLife