This was another treat I brought into the office for Halloween. This giant cookie recipe makes a great base that can be decorated with all kinds of other toppings as desired. The office loved it 🙂
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips, divided (milk or semi-sweet, or a combination)
- 1 teaspoon shortening (Crisco)
- Candy Corn or other candy or sprinkles for decoration
- Line a 9” round cake pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour melted butter into a bowl. While still hot, add both sugars and mix on low until combined. Let sit to cool for a few minutes.
- Turn mixer on low. Add egg and mix completely. Mix in vanilla extract. Add baking soda, salt, and flour and mix until combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Press into prepared pan. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake for about 20 minutes. The top will start to get golden, but it will still look a bit jiggly in the center. Cool completely.
- When ready to top, melt remaining 1 cup chocolate chips with shortening (about 45-60 seconds in the microwave).
- Spread over the top of the cookie. Add candy corn in desired pattern. Chill to set.
Recipe from CrazyforCrust