I’m sorry it has been SO long since posting anything! I have still been transitioning to California and finally moved into my new apartment last week. I am now again traveling for work and for the holidays. I’ve hardly been in a single place for more than a week for the past few months! It’s sad to have not had time or place to cook during the holidays. Hopefully by the new year I’ll be back to regular cooking/posting. In the meantime I’ll post some delicious cookie recipes I made last Christmas 🙂
These shortbread cookies are great! I love the salty pistachios with the sweet cookie.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped (can use dried cherries)
- In a large bowl whisk the flour with the salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and beat until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated. Fold in the chopped pistachios and dried cranberries. (Make sure that the nuts and cranberries are evenly distributed throughout the dough.)
- Divide the dough in half. Smooth and shape each half of the dough into an evenly shaped rectangle that is about 8 inches long and 2.5 inches wide. Then wrap the shaped logs in plastic wrap or parchment or wax paper, and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least three hours, or up to three days. (The logs can also be frozen for about two months. If freezing, it is best to defrost the logs in the refrigerator overnight before slicing and baking.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F with the rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the logs into 1/4 – 1/3 inch (.5 cm) thick cookies.Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake for about 15 -20 minutes, or until the cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Makes about 48 shortbread cookies.
Recipe from JoyofBaking