The fudgy cupcakes that went along with this frosting recipe are very chewy and brownie-like. They were good but I think this thick decadent frosting would actually go better with a more cakey normal cupcake. The frosting is essentially an eggless chocolate chip cookie dough with some milk mixed in to make it more fluffy and spreadable.
If you like the taste of cookie dough, these are quite tasty!
Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the vanilla and mix well. Mix in the flour and salt. Stir in the milk and beat till fluffy. Add more milk if needed to get to a good spreading consistency (I didn’t need to add any). Stir in the mini chocolate chips until mixed through.
- Spread or pipe on top of the cupcakes
Recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction