It’s finally time to post something again! I have some free time now that the wedding is over 😀 These pumpkin bars are something my family have made ever since I was little. I believe the recipe was passed down from my Grandpa.
The pumpkin bars turn out like a dense moist pumpkin cake texture. They are sooo delicious and soft. They would be good even without the cream cheese frosting on top. These are my favorite thing to make with pumpkin and they are super easy!
This recipe makes 1 standard 9×13 pan’s worth of pumpkin bars but I usually double it which works nicely if you buy one of the large cans of pumpkin (~29 oz) and a full 8oz cream cheese package. I usually store the leftovers in the refrigerator so the cream cheese icing holds up better.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 15-16oz canned pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon (can add other spices if you want, e.g. nutmeg, cloves)
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to pumpkin mix and mix well.
- Spread batter into 9″ x 13″ pan (can adjust cooking time if you want to use a bigger or smaller pan)
- Bake in 350 F oven for 25-35 min (check doneness with knife or fork after 25 min and add time until it comes out clean)
- Let Cool
- Mix together frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost the bars