This is a recipe we make almost every year around Christmas. These are great to have around for snacking or to give out as gifts. They aren’t very healthy but they are delicious!
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 lbs nuts (whole almonds, pecan or walnut halves)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Grease one large baking sheet or 2 smaller baking sheets (I use a silpat liner for easy cleanup)
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, water, and vanilla extract until frothy. Add nuts to the egg white mix and stir to coat.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour over the nuts and stir to coat.
- Spread nuts onto the prepared baking sheet(s). Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 10-15 minutes.