I had never made granola before but I wanted to make a few Christmasy seeming granola flavors to send out with some other baked goods and gifts to family. It was so easy and delicious! I will certainly be making more granola in the future.
This granola tasted very “classic” granola with the honey for sweetening and the coconut and cranberries were a delicious addition.
- 4 cups oats (I used the Old Fashioned Quaker oats, not quick cook)
- 2 cups coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup golden raisins (could also use more cranberries instead)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Toss oats and almonds together in a bowl. Mix together the vegetable oil and honey and pour over the oat mixture. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the top and stir together until everything is coated with the oil and honey.
- Spread oat mixture over a sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes. Add the cranberries, raisins, and coconut and stir. Bake for another 10-20 minutes until the mixture gets golden brown. (I just kept checking every 5 minutes and stirring until the mixture browned).
- Allow to cool completely before storing. Store in an airtight container.