Growing up in Arizona and California I grew to love avocados. There are entirely too few things with avocados on them here in Boston. They should be an ingredient at every sandwich and burger shop in my opinion 🙂
This dish was very simple but it tasted amazing! You can really taste each flavor. There were definitely no leftovers. I think I would double this recipe next time. Give this a try, it’s so good!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded into large pieces
- 1 or 2 medium avocados, diced
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tbs salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- Shred the chicken into fairly large chunks.
- Dice the avocados into medium-sized pieces, mix with 1 tbs of the lime juice, and season avocado with salt to taste.
- Mix mayo and 1 tb s lime juice to make the dressing
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with the sliced green onions, cilantro, and dressing and toss until all the chicken is coated with dressing.
- Add the avocado and any lime juice in the bottom of the bowl and gently combine with the chicken. Serve right away or chill for a while before serving.