I moved across the country this year away from everyone I watch the show with, but I was back visiting for the premiere last night so my sister and I made a big feast for 9 people 🙂 It was a ton of fun!
This feast wasn’t themed as some of the past ones were. We made food that could be found around different places in Westeros/Essos. Some of the recipes and inspiration came from the Feast of Ice and Fire Cookbook as many of the past feasts. Most of the food didn’t follow any particular recipe.
Cream Swans (From the cookbook)
Roasted Rosemary Rabbit with Potatoes
Roast With Vegetables
– stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and wrapped in bacon. Cooked at 400 F for 35 minutes.
Beef and Bacon Pie (from cookbook)
Blackberry, Beet, Goat Cheese Salad
– beets boiled to soften. Raspberry Vinaigrette (2 tbs raspberry preserves, 4 tbs olive oil, 2 tbs balsamic vinegar)
Roasted Lemon Butter Quail and Boiled Quail Eggs
– Quail salted and buttered, stuffed with a lemon wedge, and sprinkled with thyme. Roasted at 400 F for 15 minutes
Cheese plate with peppers and spicy shrimp
– Shrimp cooked in lemon juice, garlic and red pepper flakes
Lamb (my favorite!!) crusted in salt, oil, garlic, and thyme
Spiced carrots and raisins (from the Inn at the Crossroads blog)
Iced blueberries in sweet cream (from cookbook)
Tarts with currants, dates, and nuts in honey wine syrup
Lemon cakes (this is the 3rd variety of lemon cake I have tried out) Recipe from Geeky Chef
Roast Boar Loin (really delicious)
– just seasoned with salt and pepper, I didn’t want to cover the boar taste. Seared in hot pan and finished in oven at 400 F till cooked